By Golda Smith
When I think of spring and summer, one thing I look forward to, besides feeling the sun on my skin, is the variety of fruits that will be available for consumption. With the warmer weather right around the corner, I was looking to give my usual heavy winter breakfast of steal cut oats a makeover. When my company released its latest seasonal flavor of peach mango I felt a new recipe coming and here it is.
What I love about this recipe is that it is nutrient dense, high in both fiber and protein and yet light enough where I didn’t feel like I needed to wait hours for it to digest before my workout. The only downside? One of the main ingredients is seasonal so you may or may not be able to find it. However, I am going to work on a recipe where you can create the similar taste but for now, here you go.
2 scoops Peach Mango Isalean shake*
4 T Coconut Flour**
½ C egg whites
½ C non-dairy milk + 2 T
½ t baking powder
- Spray waffle iron with coconut cooking spray (or use your favorite).
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Don’t over-mix. If the batter is too thick this is where you can add the additional 2 T of non-dairy milk.
- Place batter at the center of waffle iron and don’t fill. The coconut flour will cause the mixture to expand.
- Enjoy with warm maple syrup and top with fresh peaches and or mangoes.
*I am an Independent Representative of Isagenix and will receive a commission should you purchase this product.
**Coconut flour is a tricky thing to work with and I have learned that all coconut flours aren’t created equally. My preferred brand is Bob’s Red Mill. Please use whatever coconut flour you love and let me know how it turns out.